Thursday, December 6, 2012

More Homemade Gift Ideas for Christmas

I love giving gifts at Christmas. And I don't want to sacrifice the meaning behind the gift. My mom taught me a secret to gift giving at Christmas. She bakes a lot of her gifts. Mom (to this day) makes Gingie cookies using my great-grandmother's old German recipe.

(Sorry, it really is a protected family secret.) She packages them up for special people like my grandfather and uncles' families. And it's a once a year thing. Making the Gingies is truly a labor of love. It takes all day to make one or two batches and (having helped many times) it's strenuous for a cookie recipe.

My grandfather looks forward to his bag of Gingie cookies more than almost any other gift. He freezes them and only takes out one or two per week, making them last well into March! He treasures those cookies because they remind him of his mother, now passed on.

I challenge you to find your own signature holiday recipe that you can create and pass on for years to come, and that your family will come to treasure. Here are a few recipes to get you started.

Fudge Sandwich Cookies

Peach Cobbler Crumb Cake

Apple Butter

Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies Mix

Rock Candy

Make your gift giving a little easier by baking the gifts this year. Visit Annie's Recipes for more dessert and holiday baking recipes or connect with us on Facebook to share your favorite Christmas goodie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our newsletter! Please let us know how we are doing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...