Friday, January 13, 2012

Fun With SODA!

I realize we are all trying to stick to our New Year's resolutions and for some this can be hard in the kitchen, especially when there are so many fun things to cook and try.  For example, I have compiled a few recipes that use some pretty sweet ingredients that I am pretty sure I am not supposed to even have in the house...

Coca Cola BBQ Chicken
If you like Coca Cola and BBQ, I just can't see how you could lose with this Chicken recipe?  What's not to love about chicken barbequed with Coca Cola?  Yes, I vowed to give up soda for New Year's but if it's used in a bbq sauce surely that doesn't count.

Crock Pot 7-Up Roast
I am willing to give this pot roast recipe a try for two reasons.  1. It's cooked in a crock pot.  Any recipe that can be cooked in a crock pot is on my favorite's list.  My crock pot is my friend.  2. It's made with 7-Up.  My boys love 7-Up.  Granted, they will probably freak out when I tell them I coated the roast beef in it, but still...if it gives the roast that lemon-lime zest I am game.

Dr. Pepper Baked Pork Loin
Last, but not least, and my personal favorite: Pork with Dr. Pepper baked into it.  Dr. Pepper happens to be my 2nd favorite soda on the planet.  (The first: RC cola, aka Royal Crown cola, but I digress.)  If I can get a pork loin to cook up yummy with Dr. Pepper, I am willing to for-go my New Year's Resolution of giving up soda.  How bad can it really be for you?  Don't answer that.

Anyhow...Enjoy!  Remember, we love feedback and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our newsletter! Please let us know how we are doing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...