Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fat Tuesday or Reason to Celebrate?

In honor of Mardi Gras (next Tuesday), I thought something colorful and decadent was in order.  I selected a few recipes I thought you might enjoy, whether celebrating Fat Tuesday with a huge crowd or just a lovely evening at home.

Amish Sour Cream Apple Pie
If you can get a hold of some great looking apples, there is no better time to create this rich, tasty Amish treat.  Who says the Amish are subdued?  This apple pie recipe will knock your socks off in true Mardi Gras style!

Blueberry Crumb Cake
This recipe is the perfect purple to get your groove on for Fat Tuesday.  I can almost smell the blueberries baking right now.  How much fun would it be to share this with your family and friends on Tuesday?

Rigatoni with Fresh Tomatoes & Pancetta
In keeping with my colorful foods theme I couldn't bare to leave this one out.  Yes, I realize Mardi Gras is more or less a "French-ish" holiday, but here in America if you use an Italian dish to celebrate it...really who is going to know?  The Fat Tuesday Sheriff?  Bring on the pasta police, because this bad boy is a drooler!

Enjoy!  We love feedback and photos!


1 comment:

We hope you enjoyed our newsletter! Please let us know how we are doing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...