Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Amish Are Coming!

Amish Apple Cake
And they are bringing their desserts!  Who knew the Amish had so many lovely desserts?  I thought they preferred a simple lifestyle.  I guess you find pleasure in the little things...like Amish Apple Cake!

Amish Funnel Cakes
If you are not familiar with funnel cake, please go to your nearest county fair and find some...right now!  Okay maybe not right now, but this summer you really should try some.  Or make your own with our Amish Funnel Cake recipe!

Amish Shoo Fly Pies
I am not entirely sure what Shoo Fly Pie is, but it looks delicious so I will leave it at that.  If you get really brave and inspired and try our recipe, let me know how it turns out!

Amish Sour Cream Apple Pie
Now this is something I can sink my sweet tooth into...Amish Sour Cream Apple Pie.  Too rich?  I don't think so.  Just take a bite and let all that apple sweet goodness melt in your mouth!

Amish Buttermilk Cookies
And if you need something simple to bring out your Amish side, try the buttermilk cookies.  They have been known to some as "cookie perfection!"  Whichever Amish dessert you decide to explore - don't forget to share your photos with us at the site or on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you enjoyed our newsletter! Please let us know how we are doing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...